Windows 10 is the most common Operating System that we all use. So, I think nobody wants to waste their time by using windows 10 hard or unprofessional. Here, we are discussing the tips and tricks that are available on Windows 10 only. Because it is the latest version of Windows.
Some of you may know these tips (not all) or don’t know at all. After the complete reading of this article, you will get to know How to use Windows 10 PC like a Pro.
These tips not only make you smart but also improve the efficiency of your system.
However, these tips apply to both desktop PC and a laptop. So use them well.
1. Activate ‘Hibernate’ mode
This is the first and my favorite setting in Windows, ‘Hibernate’. This feature enables us not to shut down the entire process or work along with the PC.
The Hibernate option in Windows helps us to pause our work before going to shut down our PC and resume it when we turn ON the PC. No need to close apps before shutting down. So, there is no need to open all tabs after the turn on our PC.
The below pic will show you how to enable the Hibernate feature on windows 10.
- Press Win+S to enter the search box and type ‘control panel’
- Click on the control panel from the displayed options
- Control panel >> Hardware and Sound >> Power options >> System settings
There you can find the above tab. By default, the hibernate option is off in the shutdown settings. Turn it on and don’t forget to save the changes.
- Useful Read : 150+ Free Google services
2. Protect your PC against Ransomware Virus :
Nobody wants to reveal their data to hackers. Ransomware virus is the most dangerous computer virus in the world. To protect their users’ data, Microsoft provides this special feature called Ransomware protection.
The Ransomware Protection feature in Windows 10 is coming with decent customized options. I urge you to activate this feature right now. It is free and powerful.
- Useful Read : Protect your data from malware attacks right now!
3. Add shortcuts to your most-used apps :
We all love shortcuts. In Windows 10 Operating System, there is a possibility to set a shortcut to every app and every folder on your PC.
To set a shortcut for your required folder or app, follow the below instructions.
- Select the folder or app that you want to make a shortcut for it.
- Right-click on it and choose the ‘send to’ option and select Desktop (create shortcut).
- You created a shortcut on your desktop. Now, Right-click on it and select the properties of the required folder or app. Then a mini tab will open, and it looks like this.
- Select the shortcut and provide the shortcut key that you want on the shortcut key section.
- Don’t forget to ‘Apply’ the settings that you make. You can change the folder icon by clicking on the ‘change icon’ option.
Now, you can open the folder or an app by using the shortcut you provide.
- Useful Read : 5 Free VPN services for your safe browsing
4. Change the default applications :
If you are a new Windows 10 user, this setting is most helpful to you. Windows 10 OS is coming up with the default applications. But those apps are not comfortable with our work. So, we need to change them as per our requirements.
For example, if you want to check your mail on your new PC, there is no other option except using the inbuilt apps like Microsoft Edge browser or Mail. That’s weird, right?
Most people love the Chrome browser because of its pleasant user experience. Not only the browser, but we can also change the default photo viewer, video player, and music player, etc.
- Open the settings from the start menu
- settings >> Apps >> Default Apps >> Click on the App you want to change
- Choose another app that you preferred
5. Taskbar location :
The taskbar is a sticky row in windows (located at the bottom of the screen by default) where you can find and control all the running apps in one place.
We can change the location of the taskbar to right, left, or top.
- Open the settings
- Click on the personalization
- Select the taskbar
- Change the taskbar location on the screen
Also, we can hide the taskbar on the desktop and tablet mode. Use this option and locate your taskbar at your convenience.
- Useful Read : How the internet is working?
- Useful Read : How many devices we can connect with Bluetooth?
6. Quick access to Taskbar applications :
There is a shortcut to access the taskbar applications in Windows. For example, you want to open a second application (Chrome is here) on your taskbar.
You can open the Chrome browser by using this shortcut key Windows Key + Number of the App location (Win+2). This shortcut helps to open, minimize, and maximize an application.
- Useful Read : Useful terms understand technology
7. Take a Screenshot :
The screenshot is the required action in some situations. We use shortcuts for this action in most cases.
(Windows Key + Print Screen) This shortcut helps us to capture the entire screen and save it in a JPEG format in your local pictures folder.
(Print Screen) By directly pressing the print screen button on your keyboard, the screen image will be saved to your one drive cloud storage (Only if your Microsoft account was active on your PC).
Select the ‘Screen Snip’ option on the notification bar. Four snipping options will be displayed from the Snip and Sketch app. These options will help you to select the area of the screen you want to save.
8. Quick select the active tabs on your screen :
Access all your running apps with a simple shortcut Alt+Tab. By pressing these keys, all the running apps display on your desktop.
You can switch between the apps or tabs as early as possible. This will be helpful to those who use more applications at the same time.
9. Hide files or folders that you want :
In File Explorer, we found so many options on the top side of the window. ‘Hidden files’ is the most useful feature I want to share with you because nobody wants to reveal their things to others.
If you don’t want to share your files with others who are using the same PC, then you can use this ‘Hidden files’ feature.
There are no traces to the hidden files, and people even don’t know about the file’s existence.
To activate this feature, follow the instructions.
- Select the folder that you want to hide
- Enter their properties by right-clicking or use the shortcut (Alt+Enter)
- There you can find the hidden option under attributes. Select the ‘hidden’ option and apply it.
- If a file has sub-folders, you need to allow it whether the hidden mode is for the primary folder only or the sub-folders too.
To access these hidden files, simply select the ‘hidden items’ which is present in the view section of File Explorer.
Remove these files from hidden mode by non-selecting the hidden option in the properties of the folder.
10. Schedule the Night light :
Professionals like this feature in the first place because this feature helps to protect the eyes of users, especially at night times. We can activate the night light on the notification bar whenever we require.
Monitors emit blue light, which causes a significant effect on our eyes. By using displays at night light mode, we can protect our eyes from the blue light of the monitor.
We make a better sleep at night without any problems.
Scheduling the night light brings the automatic change in the display from normal mode to night light mode. To schedule the night light mode on your PC, follow the instructions below.
- Open the settings from the start menu
- Choose the ‘System’ from the listed options
- Under the ‘Display’ section, click on the night light settings
- There you can schedule the night light and adjust the contrast
This is the list of useful tips and settings on Windows. If I missed any best feature, let me know with your comment below, and also which is your favorite one among all those?
My favorite feature is the Hibernate mode. Because it helps me to save a lot of time. You can find my channel on YouTube, where I make tech videos.
If you found this information useful, share it with your friends.