The iOS-14 was officially launched at WWDC20 on July 22nd, 2020. They bring their brand new feature along with some common features of Android. Some rumors are there, Apple simply copying the Android features. Why do people think like that? The iOS-14 has widgets, and this is the reason why they say so.
The iOS-14 beta version is running all over the world now. If you want to be an Apple Beta Software Tester, here you can go through.
Firstly, I want to make it clear that every brand new Operating System must have bugs at the beginning. The developers get to know that through Beta users and make the OS stable for everyone.
Just like the operating systems, the iOS-14 also has some bugs. So If you are a Beta user, give the proper feedback to the developers. So that they can reduce the bugs in the stable version of iOS-14.
They place widgets on the iPhone now. Widgets are one of the main differences between Android and Apple. For the sake of user-friendly accessibility, Apple provides this feature. Even the widget features came from Android, Apple doesn’t lose its uniqueness by featuring multiple apps in a single widget. The widget size is of three types.
- The small widget is in a square shape.
- The medium widget is in a rectangular shape.
- A large widget looks like a mini tab.
Multitasking is the required feature for all of us now. Up to iOS-13, the Apple users are switching the tabs for multi-tasking. But iOS-14 brings the solution to this problem. You can now access multiple tabs on a single screen. Gaming lovers require this feature a lot while playing PUBG mobile.
The new page coming with this version is App libraries. Here the list of apps you can customize easily. The library shows different categories like social, shopping, entertainment, browsing, etc, in one place. So, easily accessible takes place.
We can say that this is a brand new feature from Apple. We can double-tap or triple-tap the backside of the phone to do specific functions. But this feature is annoying when we place our phone on the floor or table.
You are able to send voice messages with Siri. The What’s app and Facebook messenger also have this feature, but here the specialty of Siri is we can set the time and message for someone. Siri will take care of its reaching.
Also, the problem of opening a full tab while using Siri is no more. Siri shows pop-up results and makes your work uninterruptible
You can access this feature in your car. You can charge, park, food-delivery access through this feature. CarPlay dashboard gives a suitable interface for your best usage in your car.
Apple never and ever compromises to provide the best privacy and security features to its users. The iOS-14 brings these privacy features.
- We get more command with App store applications.
- More security like whether or not giving permission.
- You can now share your approximate location instead of a precise location.
- The device indicates which action is running background through the lightning indicator.
- You can now choose particular apps to access particular photos.
- Phone calls take a banner place instead of the full screen.
- Camera performance improved to take fast shots.
- Third-party apps can access specific contacts that are permitted by us.
- Default web browser and email is our choice.
- 20 new document fonts for India in addition to 15 existing fonts.
- A special Wubi keyboard for China.
- New gesture activates by long-pressing the Aa button and changes the text to bold, italic, title, heading, and more.
- We can add context to photos and videos with captions.
- The podcast features improved.
- Apple AirPods can now automatically switch between devices.
The iOS-14 supportable devices
Most of the Apple users are curious about this. They want to know whether their devices support this version or not. These are the iOS-14 supportable device.
- iPhone 11
- iPhone 11 Pro
- iPhone 11 Pro Max
- iPhone XS
- iPhone XS Max
- iPhone XR
- iPhone X
- iPhone 8
- iPhone 8 Plus
- iPhone 7
- iPhone 7 Plus
- iPhone 6s
- iPhone 6s Plus
- iPhone SE (1st generation)
- iPhone SE (2nd generation)
- iPod touch (7th generation)
The iPhone 12 series coming up with iOS-14 and its users are reported that the iPhone 12 have some bugs.
So the company was rolling out another update to fix those bugs. The iOS 14.2 is the latest version of software update in Apple devices.